- Born: 1980
Marcelo began with a promising career in the triathlon, but at age 17, he was hit by a car during cycling training in the streets of Salvador, his hometown. The accident left him with a physical sequel to his left leg, but he was determined to progress in his sporting career. In particular, swimming, where he has gone on to secure several medals, including at the Parapan American editions. In 2010, Marcelo was the first paralympian to swim cross the Channel, linking England and France.
Marcelo went on to represent Brazil at the 2015 Rio de Janeiro ITU World Paratriathlon Event where he secured 10th place.
Most recently, the Brazilian paratrooper won two bronze medals, one at the 2017 Gold Coast ITU World Paratriathlon Series and again in Yokohama.
- 6th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam;
- 3rd place at the 2017 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 3rd place at the 2017 Gold Coast ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 4th place at the 2017 Sarasota CAMTRI Paratriathlon American Championships; and
- 13th place at the 2016 Rotterdam ITU Paratriathlon World Championships.
Latest Athlete Results
|14||01 Sep, 2019 - PTS4 Men - 01:15:41|
|8||13 Jul, 2019 - PTS4 Men - 01:07:37|
|5||09 Mar, 2019 - PTS4 Men - 01:09:08|
|7||15 Nov, 2018 - PTS4 Men - 1 pts|
|10||15 Sep, 2018 - PTS4 Men - 01:08:32|
|view full results|
Athlete Fact Sheet
|Year of Birth||1980|